Friday, September 24, 2010

What's Cooking in Raleigh?

For those of you who are on the Adams side of the family, you'll remember the What's Cooking in Montvue? summer project, where I collected favorite recipes from my neighbors and compiled it into a cookbook.

One of our family's contributions included the Raggedy Ann Salad.  I think it was my mom's way of making us eat healthy food and thinking it was fun.  So I tried it on my own kids.  Charlotte was more traditional and tried to get her design to look a little more like the doll, where Anson went with the "quick quality" method, also known as "let's get this over with so I can eat."



Nevertheless, they both had fun trying to figure out what they could find to make each body part, and I was amazed that they each came up with pretty different ideas.

Has anyone else done this with their kids?


No comments: