Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Across the Pond

I received these absolutely adorable photos of Jake and Ollie today, taken at Christmastime at their nursery (Jake is the older one, Ollie's the youngin'). I wish I could give them a virtual hug!









Jan and Colin also sent a photo from their Christmas lunch, taken in Cornwall at Julia's parents' home. Julia's Mum, Sue, is sorting out the turkey and then going clockwise we have Alex, Julia's brother, Simon, the boys (hidden), Julia, Jan, Colin, Laurence (Julia's Dad) and Great Grandma (94 yrs) - the photo was taken by Kristina, Julia's sister. 






For those on the American side of the family, here is the family tree explanation:
Colin is my father-in-law's (Philip's) brother, or Russell's uncle. Jan is his wife.
Simon is their son, Julia his wife, and Jake and Ollie his sons.
We are so lucky to be able to know them all!


Last, but not least, I received a photo of my mother's family in Hungary (mom's dad was Hungarian and these are from his part of the family tree). In the picture left to right: Emi, the grandma, and her grandchildren: Andrea (20), Flora (17), Ernoe (16), and in front, Anna (6), at a dance for Flora's final examination in her secondary school. 



What beautiful families Russell and I have! Who would have thought that we would have such a diverse and interesting history? I really enjoy seeing photos of the family, so if you ever want to send me some for the blog, please do!

No comments: