Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fish

It's the first pool day of the season (for us), not counting last Tuesday after tennis class when Charlotte went in fully clothed after I gave her permission to feel the water.  I assumed (and we all know what that makes me) that she would just dip her foot in.  Never trust a five-year-old.

It's in the 80s today, the pool was not too crowded, and Charlotte had a friend to swim with so no pleas for Mom to come in the water! I sat and watched her, sipped my diet coke, and only had to get up for refills.  Nice. Even better is that Charlotte is finally tall enough to stand in the big pool without assistance for quite a ways out from the steps. The only thing missing was a sun umbrella.


Russell and Anson are at a camp in Eastern North Carolina this weekend as a part of their YMCA Guides group (sort of like boy scouts). Something tells me that my experience at the pool this afternoon, which was quite relaxing, was not the same for Russell today.  Homemade raft race + the Neuse River in spring + 10 rambunctious boys and their fathers + 5 hours sleep on a short bunk with a plastic mattress and no AC = an unhappy Dad! But he texted me that Anson told him, "Today is the best day EVER!" so I think that probably makes it worth it.

No comments: