Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My New Friends, Gary and Elaine

When Russell and I started thinking about renovating our house, I began my HGTV, magazine, and catalog obsession. I knew that the visuals would be easier for me to use as examples of what I'd want in a new house than trying to describe it. I turned down corners and ripped out pages of rooms, moldings, gardens, doors, paint colors, light fixtures, you name it.

Since then, we've bought two more houses, and the magazines and catalogs keep coming. Now I have the Internet, too, and it's there I met my new friends, Gary and Elaine.

Gary and Elaine are the two elusive people who live on our catalog pages. Have you ever wondered who is reading that book open on the bed? Or why there is a bicycle hanging over the fireplace?

Catalog Living explains it all. I know it's not for everyone, but it cracks me up almost every day.

Today's post makes fun of a red carpet next to a bed in the bedroom. All I can imagine now is Charlotte rolling out of bed each morning and walking down her own personal catwalk to start the day.

No comments: