Monday, September 26, 2011

Cheetah Girls Rule, Sort Of

Charlotte just joined a 5-year-old soccer team that my friend coaches. The team is all girls, even though the league is co-ed. Charlotte told me that at the start of their last game, a boy on the other team told them, "Watch out, your team is going DOWN tonight!"

Well, he was right. They won about 345-0. That being said, the girls put up a pretty decent fight, they just didn't know what they were doing. Meaning, they were quite athletic, but still working on their understanding of the game. I forgot to take pictures until the end when Charlotte took a turn in goal. She ended up getting twisted up in the pint-sized net and falling over backwards into it as the opposing team scored yet another goal. Probably when she was practicing her hip hop singing and dance moves; I think she thought the goal was a stage.

When I asked her whether she liked playing offense or defense better, she told me defense, because "you don't have to run as much." Spoken like a true lazybones.

At the end, she was so excited and proud of playing that she made me wash her team shirt so she could wear it to school the next day. That's my girl!





No comments: