Thursday, June 14, 2012

Camp Update

Although we can't speak to the kids while they are at camp, the camp does post pictures on its web site throughout the week. I downloaded a few to show you what they are up to. Amazingly, I was able to pick out a few closeups among the hundreds of shots on the web site.

This shot shows the campers in the amphitheater, where they meet for big group events. Charlotte is in the first row in the light blue t-shirt. Anson is right behind the counselor in the red shirt in the first row. He is walking toward the right with a dark blue shirt on. That's a mom for you, being able to recognize her own kids in a shot like this!


The first time I looked at the photos, this was what came up. My little girl front and center! I think there's been quite a bit of rain the first few days, which has meant coming up with inside alternate activities.


Anson chose lacrosse as one of his weekly activities. Luckily he was wearing a bright shirt so it was easy to pick him out of the hundreds of photos.






Anson has played team lacrosse on and off for a few years, and as you may remember, we usually see him suited up doing it. I bet it was a lot easier to play without the gigantic helmet and heavy pads!

Last night was the camp dance, and I saw a pic of Charlotte having her hair done by one of the counselors or older girls. I also found one of her walking to the dance with a crowd. If I recall, they have the oldest boys accompany the youngest girls as dates.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see any shots of the kids dancing! That would have been good bribery photo.



Charlotte also had fun in and out of the pool with her buddy Anna and cabinmates.





It's so reassuring to see them doing fun things, because if I miss them as much as I do, I can only imagine what it must be like for them. Just two more days until pickup.

No comments: