Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas in North Carolina

I know, I know, it's only November.  But the Christmas shopping season has begun, so our local shopping center had its holiday open house last night.  We saw Santa, stuffed our faces with free cookies, candy, and cider, enjoyed holiday tunes, participated in a magic show, and even went sledding, Raleigh-style (i.e., with fake snow and a fake hill).

Anson is starting to realize that he is too old and too cool to participate in some of the "kiddie" events. He was mortified that I made him get his picture taken with Santa. One store made the kids go through the pathways from the Candyland game board before entering, but when the kids were greeted with a table of sweets, they realized it was worth it!

I volunteered to have the magician throw a ginormous knife at my head and try to knock an apple off.  (Russell, are still sure you want to cancel my life insurance?)  Anson thought it was hilarious, but only Charlotte was slightly scared for me. Luckily, I am still here to tell the story.

Hope your holidays are shaping up to be good ones!



No comments: