Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Barbie and Ken Forever

On Friday Sally went into the deep, dark recesses of her storage closet and pulled out at least 6 large, dusty boxes labeled "Emma's junk and toys."  Let's just say those words were spot on!

It was a very fun and entertaining afternoon as we went through the old Barbies, Kens, Sindy dolls, "lifeguards" (for some reason Charlotte kept calling the stuffed Garfield cats this), My Little Ponies, and sundry accessories for all.

Here are a few we decided not to keep:


























I think these are self-explanatory.




Disco Ken (complete with pull-out sofa, ladies) and Derek the Rocker might have been sharp dressers at some point, but were disintegrating here in the 21st century.




Some keepers...don't you love the mod clothes? Berets and floppy hats, neon sparkles, and go-go boots galore. Poor Ken's clothes didn't really stand the test of time, so he was stuck with whatever we could fit  him in. The guy desperately needs a new wardrobe, yet he's surrounded by seven beautiful women. Lucky man!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Wow. These pictures are SO AWESOME! Although that first one is scarier than the 7 Saw movies I've watched in my life. Might answer some questions about my mental health in general. I'm kind of jealous I didn't get to play with you guys, but between me, you and Charlotte, I think the fashion/styling-induced estrogen surge in the room might have been overwhelming.

p.s. Check out the boots, huh!? It's funny (and awesome!) that I just exerted my fancy-schmancy passion for outrageous clothes on my dolls as a child, while Charlotte has the guts and individuality to dress HERSELF with such fabulous flair and fashion sense. :-)

SWF seeking Plastic 80's Man in Neon Sox said...

P.P.S. I blame Disco Ken and Derek the Rocker for my status as a single 30-something woman. What real man could live up to that childhood imprint of what the perfect man should look like?

*Sigh*.... One day I'll meet my Knight in shining, neon yellow and pink, silk tuxedo, with leather pants and neon yellow shirt w/ matching socks.

Original Owner of Bride of Chucky said...

P.P.P.S. Be careful throwing out the pink Bride of Chucky doll... she looks like one of those horror movie dolls that will keep turning back up in the house in random places with a knife in her hand? Might want to bury her in a church yard or something.