Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wine and Design

Emma and I went to a place called Wine and Design last night. The idea is that you learn to paint a specific painting while drinking wine. (Do they then think they can blame our so-so results on the wine and not their teaching?) There were even people there with a crock pot of chili and all kinds of nibblies. You just BYOB or, like our neighbor, BYOSC (bring your own sparkling cider).

Keep in mind, I have never taken an art class, and Emma's focus has not been on oil/acrylic painting, so we were quite happy with how it went!

In fact, Emma and I had a wonderful time. Our paintings managed to look completely different, but both are quite nice, if I may say so myself. More than anything, it was really therapeutic at this busy time of year. I loved seeing how much each person put their own touch on what could have been tons of paintings that all looked the same.

Here's my result; I hope Emma will share hers, too!

No comments: