Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White Christmas

I have a feeling that a lot of bloggers are using the "White Christmas" title this year. We got just a smattering of wetness on the evening of Christmas Day, but by the time we woke up Boxing Day, we had about 8 inches of beautiful powder. And no, I don't have a picture of it.  :)

But I do have some very random Christmas pics.  I'm sure Russell has more, but I'll share what I have now before it's the new year and we're on to another topic.

Here are the gorgeous flowers I received from Molly, Jason, Jake, Reese, and Dad for my surgery. If you think they look good here, you should have seen them when they were in full bloom; they were truly glorious.



Charlotte and her new American Girl doll, Elizabeth, complete with matching hairdos:





The Christmas day dinner spread...with Russell in the Beefeater apron. Very on target, as he is definitely the cook in the family and worked very hard to help make a great Christmas for us this year, especially since I was still recovering to a certain extent! He does a fabulous job of finding interesting and perplexing games to keep the various members of the family entertained during slow moments. My favorite game this year was Headbandz...you must check it out!



Charlotte and I made it our mission to do some interesting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day table designs while the rest of the crew went to a hockey game. Seeing as I was a bit under the weather most of the week, we worked with what we could find in a quick 30-minute trip to Target (rifling through the castoffs that were left) and what we had around the house and yard.

I don't think I got a shot of the Eve tablescape, which is a shame, and it was tres sparkly. Here's the Christmas Day look, with a somewhat woodsy theme. The Noritake china, Wedgewood crystal, and Danish buffet were my parents', the silver candlesticks were my grandparents', the crackers are in honor of the English side of the family, and the centerpiece, well, that is pure Morgan.

The portrait in the background was painted by my mother's maternal grandmother, or my great-grandmother, who lived in Poland. She painted this portrait of a peasant girl in the early 20th century.






Merry Christmas and to all a good night!  (Sorry, Sally)

No comments: